Tuesday, May 18, 2010

SMH Half Marathon Race Report

The SMH Half Marathon went off without a hitch. I set myself the race plan to go out a 5:30 pace for th efirst half and then bring it home harder and harder. I did the first 10km in 53min, 5:18 pace, which was quicker than I wanted, but brought it home with negative splits averaging a 5min pace from there.
This was my 3rd time running this event and I had achieved 113 minutes for both previous attempts. With my race plan, I was aiming for 115 minutes with a stretch target of 110 minutes.
I finished with 109:43 according to the official time.
http://halfmarathon.smh.com.au/default.asp?PageID=16841

At the finish I met up with a few online runnig friends from Dailymile. Great to meet them.

It was perfect weather for the third year running. Can't wait for next year.

1 comment:

  1. everybody always goes out harder than they plan. And it always seems like you are crawling.

    Great Job

    ReplyDelete